A-Abiding Care offers 12 hours of continuing education for their caregivers during the year. Education may include required topics required by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and other topics that add value to their caregiver skills, disease processes, job knowledge or personal well-being.
Caring for the Client with Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s Disease is a global epidemic affecting 44 million people worldwide. The cost to provide care is estimate to be over $604 billion dollars. By the year 2030, over 76 million people will be living with this form of dementia. A-Abiding Care recognizes the need for caregivers that are specifically trained to provide the best possible care to their clients with Alzheimer’s Disease and be the gentle support for the families too. This inservice is just one program offered to the Abiding Care team.
Upon completion of this educational program, caregivers learned:
- The possible causes of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Differentiate between Alzheimer’s Disease versus typical memory changes with aging
- 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease and sign/symptoms clients may exhibit
- Appropriate nursing inventions, physical and psycho-social support
About Us-Employer of Choice
A-Abiding was recently awarded the Best of Home Care, Employer of Choice for the third year in a row. The Best of Home Care Employer of Choice Award is given to home care providers who receive the highest satisfaction scores from their current caregivers. Training and education is one of the metrics used to evaluate. The caregiver satisfaction scores have earned them recognition as a top employer. This recognition gives you peace of mind, knowing A-Abiding Care and their caregivers are dedicated to providing you the best in home care possible.
- What to Do During an A-Fib Episode - December 18, 2018
- 5 Ways for Caregivers to Beat Holiday Stress - December 4, 2018
- Consider Elderly Care Providers for Senior Night Care - November 20, 2018