Elder care can be an exceptional way for your parent to live their highest quality of life as they age in place, but it is not just about meeting their basic needs or providing supportive care for the very old or the very sick. Instead, having an elderly home care services provider is a way for your parent to stay as active, engaged, and independent as possible while working toward their best health and well-being. One way that they can do this is helping your parent to pursue their goals.
Some ways that elder care can help your parent pursue their goals include:
- Talk to them about them so that your parent feels acknowledged, supported, and understood. Just knowing that there is someone who knows about their goals and is willing to support them through their pursuit of them can be extremely encouraging and help your parent to feel more like they will be able to accomplish these goals.
- Work with your parent to create reminders of their goals and their deadlines. These can be fantastic activities for them to do together to stimulate their mind and keep them motivated, such as making signs and dream boards for the goal, or indicating the deadline on a large, highly visible calendar that they can see each day.
- Help your parent to come up with a timeline of how they will pursue their goal, or a list of actionable steps that they can follow to get them to what they want to accomplish.
- Be there for your parent throughout the pursuit of the goal to help them feel supported and provide assistance. This can be efforts such as preparing healthy meals for a senior pursuing a weight loss goal, or helping with internet research for a senior who wants to learn something new.
If you have been looking for ways to enhance your aging parents quality of life as they age in place, starting elder care for them may be the ideal solution. An elderly home care services provider can create a highly personalized approach to your parents care that includes services specifically tailored toward their individual challenges, needs, and limitations. These services are designed to not only help your parent to manage their needs in the way that is right for them, but also to support a lifestyle focused on mental, emotional, and physical health, independence and autonomy, and fulfillment. These services can include everything from safe and reliable transportation, to companionship, to assistance with personal care needs and activities of daily life.
If you or an aging loved one are considering elder care in Glenview, IL, please call the caring staff at A-Abiding Care today. Serving North and Northwest Chicago and the surrounding area for over 30 years. Call 847-698-1400.
- What to Do During an A-Fib Episode - December 18, 2018
- 5 Ways for Caregivers to Beat Holiday Stress - December 4, 2018
- Consider Elderly Care Providers for Senior Night Care - November 20, 2018