There are a lot of home care agencies out there, but how do you know you are choosing the right agency when you decide on who will help care for your loved one? A-Abiding Care knows how difficult this decision can be, so we have a list of questions to ask agencies that will help make the process easier:
- Service listing. Do they offer services specific to your loved one’s required needs? Is someone available to provide information on all services, eligibility requirements and funding sources? Is that information available online or can they send it to you?
- Screening, training and supervision. Are all caregivers employees of the agency that are thoroughly screened prior to employment? What formal training programs and certifications does the agency require of its direct care providers? What level of professional supervises the care? How often and how do the supervisors oversee the caregivers on location to ensure proper care is being provided?
- Documentation and coordination. Are visits and treatments documented? Do family members have easy access? Does the agency coordinate with the client’s physician to provide a coordinated care plan?
Direct Care Providers
- Rotation of care. Is care provided consistently by the same caregiver, or is care rotated among different people? If rotated, how often? Does the family receive advance notice when a change is being made?
- Accessibility. Do the agency office staff stay in regular contact? Do they keep you informed of any changes in your loved one’s health or plan of care?
If you are looking for a home care agency in the greater Chicago area, contact A-Abiding Care today, to learn more about our quality home care services. Our team of compassionate caregivers is ready to meet your loved one’s individual needs. Schedule a free in-home assessment, and we will create a comprehensive care plan and help you and your loved one through each step!